Assignment – 3
Entrepreneurship and Small Business
Submission Date by students: Before the end of Week- 13th
Place of Submission: Students Grade Centre
Course Learning Outcome:
1. Demonstrate a solid understanding of the potential of entrepreneur in today’s competitive business world. (Lo 1.2).
2. Design a solid projected financial Plan and conduct a breakeven analysis for a small company. (Lo 2.5).
3. Demonstrate a thorough understanding regarding the importance of cash management for the success of a small business. (Lo 2.8).
This assignment is an individual assignment.
Students are supposed to read the attached Case 2- Able Planet. Based on your understanding of the case and basic concepts of Entrepreneurship.
Answer the following question:
1. Experts say that entrepreneurs who need between $100,000 and $3 million often face the greatest obstacles when raising capital for their businesses. Why? (1.5 marks)
2. How should Kevin Semcken raise the $1.5 million in capital that Able Planet needs? Be sure to consider sources of both debt and equity financing. (1.5 marks)
3. Write a short memo to Kevin Semcken explaining what he should do before he approaches potential lenders and investors to maximize his chances of getting the capital that Able Planet needs. (2 marks)
The Answer must follow the outline points below:
· Each answer should be within 200 to 500 range of word counts.
Note: You can support your answer by the course book.
You can use secondary source available on internet.